Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"U" is for Unusually Bizzy!"

November was an Unusually bizzy month! But, my heart is so happy!!! The picture above is a steel heart that my sweet Motorcycle Man created for our 30th wedding anniversary. I will cherish it forever. He took a welding class and designed this as a surprise! He will also have some for sale soon,too! ( with my encouragement!) I will post more pics soon!

But, I am getting ahead of myself....the whirlwind began the first weekend in November when I did my first show in Portland at the Convention Center...this was the entrance to my booth.


I had it loaded with faeries and stockings and wee cottages, oh my!


this cutie is off to her new home.....




a vintage wedding couple in a collaged flower pot has many tales to tell.......



This faerie named "Soliel" proclaims "Magic Awaits You"...little did I know, that this was a message for me, too!


I was about to embark on a "Soul Journey"....... finding an inner strength I did not know I had. We all do, sometimes it just waits just at the right moment to appear...




My booth in Portland was pretty bare by the end of the show and i just had 10 days to create before my next show....and in those 10 days we had a birthday to celebrate..(our youngest child turned 19!)...and moved out...well, just down the street...but, still...we had an empty room....to fill!! yippeee......more room for my "stuff"... I also was helping my dear daughter with wedding preparations and dress fittings........so fun!...My feet hit the ground running every morning!.....
We took off for Spokane on the 18th...and as soon a we parked the trailer (after 7 hours of driving) we hit the vintage shops looking for "bling" for our daughters wedding...her theme is Old HollyWood Glam...we scored at a sweet shop named "Finders Keepers"...they were at Farm Chicks,too.....such nice ladies!
The picture below is the entrance to my booth in Spokane, Washington.....



This booth is a bigger one and took us 8 hours to set up.....





The customers came and shopped by the droves......


We were all very happy and very tired.
We got home on the 23rd and the next day was our 30th anniversary...then we had Thanksgiving.....its a blur.....then we started preparing for our daughters bridal shower...it took me a week to shop and shop and shop (I also found my dress to wear for the wedding! Yahooo!!) and decorate the house. I am so glad that my daughter-in-law was helping me..she is a real treasure and super talented. I will share pictures of the "event" soon...it was this past weekend.....

Now on the the next adventure!


What Magic Awaits Us?




Heart Hugs,

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a whirlwind of activity! Good luck with the wedding and everything else! Your booths are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Queenie!
    Your heart is wonderful. He is a keeper!
    The booth displays are enchanting. I wish I could have been there. It's nice to see you posting again,,,I know how busy your life is just now...and with your daughters wedding...gosh!
    Love
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fab. fair your display is terrific.
    No sign of the Sew Somerset book yet. Will look for cottages.
    Love them, some of my faves.
    thanks for coming by.
    aloha Lilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these days I need to come and see your beautiful things at a show. Just lovely. And oh my but you have been a busy lady. I hope soon you will have a moment to put your feet up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen, my sew book came today. Your cottages are fab. I love the look of them, now I want to make some with drawings I did of French cottages.
    Congratulations
    aloha Lilla

    ReplyDelete