Sunday, December 13, 2009

"V" is for Ricci's "Vision" and for Viet...Our Future son-in-law!

My sweet daughter-in-law, Ricci, had a vision to transform our home into an Old Hollywood supper club for our daughter, Coral's, bridal shower/party. The theme for the wedding is "Old HollyWood Glam" and we wanted to carry it thru for the party. Ricci is the kind of gal that has decorating magic in her fingertips......we used alot of what I already had. Here she is around 11pm the night before the party putting up the "chandelier"...actually feathered disco ball Christmas ornies! We tuelled the ceiling and sprinkled in the dollar store rose petals.

My son and I created this sign that we had at the entrance....


We thought putting the old glam stars and rat pack pictures up would add to the fun...they even "autographed" them to Coral and Viet!




This is the top of the stairs leading from the front door. We hung a curtain up to give the feeling of entering a club. The frame at the top of the stairs has the movie title "From Here to Eternity" Starring Coral and Viet......battery operated candles light the way on the stairs....




Peeking in thru the archway.... notice the heart that my hubby made!




bar and window seating.... food table is to the right...it was loaded with goodies and heart shaped sandwiches. We twirled black chiffon around the dishes with a string of lights underneath...very festive! Can you see Corals wee doggie..Taj...?

this is the "Lounge" area where we held the shower part of the party..later on the guys arrived and we opened up the bar....this is usually our dining room! We flipped the rooms around.....


Bar area......long table with glasses.....serve yourself!



cozy seating for two in front of the fireplace.......love this shot....Ricci also takes very artistic photo's! We also had a few other "bistro" type tables set up around the room....


another view of the bar area....and tuelle

cutting the cake...good practice!

Viet is laughing cause I told him to put his hand on top of Corals cause that is the very last time he will have the "upper hand"...notice in the above picture that Corals hand is on top!

This was during the shower (pics are a lil out of order!) Coral is wearing the feather wrap that Ricci and I bought for her to wear at the wedding for outdoor pictures......



Me and my darling daughter.......sigh! We had the TV on in the background tuned into old 50 movies........we had the sound to the TV turned off as we had music from that era playing on the stereo...



The ladies!



The happy couple toasting to their future!

I recieved this in my email from my former minister...its on Visioning.......

I invite you to notice what it is you’re thinking about today. Where's your attention? Where's your focus? That's where your vision is.

You have a very powerful visioning capacity.

James Allen wrote a ground breaking book around the turn of the Twentieth Century entitled, "As A Man Thinketh." James Allen said, the vision that you glorify in your mind, either you revere or you fear. That's how you glorify something. You put a lot of energy on it. The vision that you glorify in your mind; the ideal that you enthrone in your heart, this you will build in your life. This you will become. Any thought that is either feared or revered gathers a whole lot of energy around it and becomes the life we build. So today, let's fill our mind and our vision with thoughts that we love, visions of possibility and the life we are meant to live.
I vision my daughter having a very bright future filled with Love! So it is!
Heart Hugs,

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful transformation! Your daughter is just beautiful. Happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a transformation! What fun! Looks like 6 days till the wedding! I love seeing the photos of the shower,,much love and happiness to them both. I am looking forward to the photos of the wedding. Take care my friend, get your rest, I am keeping you and yours in my prayers.
    Love
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great decorating, beautiful!!! They look so happy and in love, how wonderful. You did a fantastic job, man that must have been a lot of work!!!!
    Have a nice enjoyable week!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun shower/party. Your daughter is beautiful. What a thrill for all of you to be celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coleen~
    Your family looks so happy and beautiful!
    I love your decor idea...Sounds like talent abounds at your house!
    Pop over to see what we have been up to.
    Blessings~LillySue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautifully decorated! Congrats to them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Themed parties are so fun. You gals did a great job.
    I'm so sorry I haven't been by much. Google has had my blog so messed up that I have spent hours daily trying to get it fixed and they have no idea how to help.
    I have missed coming by. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and make some wonderful memories.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete