Friday, February 5, 2010

Mossy Walk

He said "Wanna go for a walk?" She said "Ok, let me grab the camera, I want to take some pictures of Moss!" He just shakes his head and smiles...he knows me so well. So I put on my tennis shoes...... and he grabs my hand.....and we are off on our adventure!
ok, I had to sneek another hand shot in...the picture below is our hands in cement..there is moss in the picture, tho! (we are missing Kyle...he was still a twinkle in our hearts)...Coral was about 2 yrs old when we did this (she is almost 28 now!) She did not like getting dirty! Dales handprint has moss growing in it - he was going thru a phase when he wanted to spell his name Dael...I cherish this lump of cement!

oh my...I love mossy rocks...it seems as tho we are under going a moss explosion here in Oregon. Not good on roofs, tho!!!
Mossy bricks.......I love how it is creeping along the grooves..

Oh, a treasure in the moss!!...hmmm........this would make a great hanger for a project I am working on!!

Buds about to burst open..it feels like spring...and new beginnings!


Heart Hugs,

4 comments:

  1. Your moss is wonderful. Even in the cold, moss feels great underfoot. Did you take your sneakers off and try it? We have a lot of moss in spring at the cabin...I patiently wait for it...months down the road. Thanks for sharing
    Oregon must be beautiful...so lush
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed how the Oregon moss has 'exploded' today when the sun came out and took my dear little mother to do some errands. Her driveway is a mossy green and her roof needs attention as soon as possible. It's pretty but so hard on our homes and landscapes. Love your concrete hands. ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. The feeling of spring is definitely in the air and I am loving it. Enjoy the new growth and the moss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, now I'm homesick...smile...we actually have some moss in Alabama, but not as much or quite the same "thickness" as Oregon. I love the way it smells and feels. I think, it is magical really.I love the forest ferns too. Oregon is very special.
    I love the way it has made a home in the sweet handprints. I have heard if you spray the rocks with beer it will grow moss pretty fast.
    Spring is so close,,we have a group of dafodils blooming already. Life is good.
    Love you!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete